Resolutions are for amateurs. No one makes those anymore—those words have become almost dirty. Conscious decisions, now those are a mark of maturity...and best of all, they actually get done.
It's a new year. A fresh start. Where do you want to be this time next year? What do you want to change?
Where Does Your Life Need a New Thing?
- Decisions you know are in line with your destiny
- Skills you know would update your career
- Uncool social things you need to drop
- Habits that hold you back from your best
- Stuff you've been putting off
- Projects you’d like to complete
- Relationships that need attention
What do you want to look back on and say you’re so glad you did?
What do you do that you want to say you’re so glad you quit?
What are you waiting for? Make a list. And just decide to do it.
2015 is a year of better choices. Choices against things that hold you back from the things you really want: The New Things.
How to make change easy:
- Picture one thing you really want.
- Write down what it would take for you to have it.
- Write down the first step you must take toward this outcome.
- Set a time limit on that step.
- List out the next steps that you foresee will follow the first step.
- Promise yourself that when the time comes, you will put a time limit on each of those steps too.
- Sign it in blood.
Soon you will see how relatively easy it is to make choices that align with reaching each step...until finally, you find yourself very far along in the process toward having the new thing you want.
How to keep going when the going gets hard:
- Encourage yourself along the way. Take time to look back and see how far you've come.
- Congratulate yourself often. Talk out loud to yourself in the mirror! It works.
- When you're feeling especially discouraged or challenged, talk to the wisest people you know.
- Receive their encouragement and sound advice.
- Reward yourself. When you accomplish a step, give yourself something tangible, A little
- something you want. To train a dog you must reword them. Are humans any different?
Remember the old saying, what's the best way to eat an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you get new things? One step at a time. Many individual choices at a time.
You can have all the new things you want! After all, you are no amateur. Join us at ATC as we make 2015 the best year yet. Call us to discover how our expert trainers and services can help you accomplish some of your conscious decisions today.